This online event will introduce the field of digital technologies in facial prosthetics. We'll cover:
• Introduction to the field & why technology is applied
• Digital technologies – timeline of development
• Current techniques
• 3D scanning
• Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• Rapid prototyping/additive manufacture/3D printing
• Immediate reconstruction
• Current challenges and research opportunities
• Discussion forum
NOTE - there are some images of surgical procedures.
With thanks to
Peter Evans from Reconstructive Scientist & Maxillofacial Laboratory, Maxillofacial Unit, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, UK
Professor Dominic Eggbeer from PDR, Cardiff Met University, Cardiff, UK.